Tuesday 13 February 2007

Treasures! Treasures! Treasures!



Forced into a bit of loft clearing in my half term holiday has made me realise how much EXCELLENT SHIT I have!... Like a little squirrel, over the last eighteen months I have been accumulating a video game horde that even I didn't realise I had!

I found my old Atari 2600 today!! And games!!! I've no idea how much stuff I've got!

Like I found a beautiful see through blue Japanese import Dreamcast controller... never opened or touched... I don't remember buying it! I've got tons and tons of it! Two big bin bags in the loft revealed FOUR boxed up Dreamcasts... I've got about twenty Master System games! Fifteen Game Gear games... All these Saturn games... Over a hundred Dreamcast games.





This is how it goes... I get them all in secret.

"WHAT??? What are you babbling on about Father Krishna? Are you blind drunk like when you wrote your last post?" I hear you ask...

NO! Not this time... I'm stone cold sobre... When I say secret it's a secret from Mrs. K.

Like today... I had to do three trips to the local tip to get rid of al the clutter from the loft.
This revealed some treasures like the Atari... But on the way back, I called into Gamestation...




I only wanted to look honest... but there was a whole new section of Dreamcast games...

Dragon's Blood and MDK2 (which I was reading a review of in Official Dreamcast Magazine whilst having a bath today) were there... beckoning me... calling me... flouting themselves for a fiver the pair... What is a man to do???




So I bought them... with a boxed up Dreamcast controller for 99p... and two Master System games for 99p the pair... Altered Beast and Kung Fu... Total cost £6.97. RESULT!!!

But then I went through the "sneaking them past Mrs. K" ritual...

Yes that's right! Sneaking them into the house!! The kids know the score... they know the routine... ("Straight up to your room kids then stash them with the others, so it looks like they've been here for years ..." and they do!!! God love them, they have their uses...



I could live like a king if I didn't do this... Holiday in the Carribean! Have a cocaine habit that would put Kate Moss to shame... or even own a Wii or 360 for feck's sake!!!

But all the time I just snap up the "odd bargain"... that keeps me and the family paupers!

BUT WITH THE BEST GODDAM RETRO GAMES COLLECTION THIS SIDE OF... WYTHENSHAWE!!!

So let's rejoice in my terrible compulsion!! The final results of my hording will be revealed soon...








For the first time on all my favourite sites I will reveal my entire stash!!! With photographic evidence!!!!

So check out the SJY, the DCJY and GGOTG soon!!!!

Big love to you all... Enjoy! (Its Valentine's Day so I'm signing off to wrap up Mrs. K's present...)




(My credit card, and all power to spend... That's the most romantic thing I could do!!!)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

(drops the unconscious timerunner......)

holy f@@$%!.. that is awe inspiring.... you've got a bloody museum.... look at all that stuff....

(sits down and examines game collection, keeping an eye out for Fk's wife.....)

clever ruse that hiding the new saplings in the midst of a forest......

Junlee said...

Good lord! What a collection! The bit about your kids made me laugh!

Caleb said...

I bite back the green monster of jealousy.

I cannot wait to see this pictorial excellence. Perhaps I can find other Dreamast item to focus my buying power on.

I really should "have a go" at tabulating my own personal horde o' video games. (I plan on buying some plastic bins and stuff for storage)

Though I can't beat you on Dreamcast stuff I am betting I got a good chance of getting a high score in extreme variety on consoles and stuff.

And I just gots a new Sega console to brag about as well.

Also i think that F.C.'s example shows that true console fans will never let themselves be ensnared by the whole "marriage" thing. It only takes away from true hardcore gaming!

Caleb said...

Wait a second...

Is 99 pence like $2.00 USD?

You got a IN BOX controller for $2!!!!!

I paid like $9.99 for an in box controller...oh the pain...the pain...

And I can't get to any REAL video games stores because of the snow...

fatherkrishna said...

YIP!! Its all there and its all mine!

The silly thing is you can only play one thing at one time. I've got eight Dreamcasts... one is see through green... You can see it in the picture of the drawer... Plus I've got a Treamcast... thats the portable Dreamcast with the flip top screen... I've got a Saturn, two N64's, a PS2, a Sega Game Gear, a DS, (my kids have got another DS and two PSPs), a Gameboy Advance SP and two Gameboy Colours... AND MY ATARI 2600!!!
Plus in total for all consoles about nearly 200 games... Plus there is games available on my phone and on my TV via satellite...

Plus loads of games available on my PC... The sad fact is there is only 24 hours in a day... Plus I work, am a father and a husband... ergo, I have responsibilities in real life...

So I'm never gonna catch up with the backlog... NEVER!

And I don't even own a Wii or 360!

Shit! Is it time to offload the backlog?

I have to prioritise!!! It's like owning a shit load of tunes from the 1950s onwards, and never having listened to them.

BUT!!! At least you could just listen to them, whilst driving, working, catching up with chores...

A video game demands 100% interaction... So I've got more right now than I could ever hope to play... Bollocks! And I want a Wii!!!

Therefore, I either own a museum that future generations might appreciate... Or I've squandered loads of family cash on shit!!!

Jesus I think I need to take a moment!!

LOL!!! :)

fatherkrishna said...

Oh and Caleb, 99p is about two bucks and yes I got my boxed up badboy for that paltry sum...

Caleb said...

What are you talking about? I have played two video games at a time a bunch.

When I got an extra TV off the curb and fixed it I would even play a game on the PC one on the DC or Gamecube and watch cable news on the other TV.

I am telling you FC you gotta multi-task to keep up eh?

gnome said...

AMAZING! Just bloody fecking ultra amazing!!!


Uhm, great too! You lucky father, you!

Unknown said...

(hits on a solution....)

FK we could retire, play games all day and night long...... why thats it, the answer has been staring me in the face since i came in here...

....right act while the iron is hot.....

(heads off to retire from his job.....)

Anonymous said...

(steps over unconscious timerunner..)

retire?.. you can't retire... whose going to feed me?

hey wait...

(heads of after the elderly)

fatherkrishna said...

Yes! That's a great plan! But what about income? The family? The money to buy new games that I don't need?

How much is in the Segata Sanshiro cult fund?

What? Nothing? Right Seamus come here and put on this cocktail dress... I've got some work for you...

Anonymous said...

work? what work....what cocktail dress.... why can't we dress up timerunner....(kicks the motionless body....)

fatherkrishna said...

Yes WE CAN!!! You wait round here and collect the money off the 'customers/patrons' and me and Elderly will just nip off for a pint...

Random J said...

So many games! Even the rubbish ones. You did get Marvel VS Capcom 2 which I RULE at - so you earn cool points for that. And also Street Fighter Alpha 3

fatherkrishna said...

Yes J I do have that particular title. I'm only a novice at it though... And yes! You are right... there are a BUNCH of shit titles in there!

BTW When are you going to get your video game stash out for our perusal?

And are we EVER going to do the Dreamcast to Wii email???

Anonymous said...

..why do you get to go to the pub and im left looking after sleeping beauty.... ? well an hour then and no more.... (adjusts the frills on timerunners dress...)

what'll i do if he wakes up?