Saturday 12 July 2008

Sega Saturn Promotional Video

Recently I managed to register myself an account at the japanese only video portal Nico Nico Douga. A search for "Sega Saturn" (in japanese of course) didn't bring too many results. Actually much less, than I was hoping for. And the results I got were your usual suspects like gameplay scenes from Daytona / Panzer Dragoon / Virtua Fighter and some Animeintros / -cutscenes here and there. But then, inbetween some weird SRPG game and a Segata Sanshiro TV commercial I spotted this very great Sega Saturn Promotional Video. It shows a super clean, absolutely brand new and astonishing looking Sega Saturn and some great video footage of something that looks like Ecco The Dolphin. This scene is pre-rendered and should demonstrate the graphical power of the Sega Saturn back then. Watching it nowadays, makes you laugh a bit, since the graphics almost look a tad like PS2 graphics. Go give it a look, it's really nice and especially hasn't been uploaded to YouTube before. That is, until I uploaded it, for your convenience. It's my very first YouTube Video ever.

3 comments:

fatherkrishna said...

Absolutely stunning! This is undoubtedly the best piece of Saturn promotion I've ever seen.

If only they'd used this instead of the apalling commercials they put out on UK and US TV...

Thanks for uploading it to youtube for our viewing pleasure dear elend!

NebachadnezzaR said...

Great stuff! Unlike the US commercials...man, those were just so damn bad...

gnome said...

It's absolutely amazing elend, thanks! And I'm sure YouTube is thankinf you too.