Wednesday 18 April 2007

Virtual Hydlide Review And Screenshots!


"Killer trees, deadly dragons and blood thirsty zombiesare rife in this magical slash and hack adventure. To the haunting strains of the atmospheric soundtrack, explore the super-realistic 3D fantasy world, warping to the different dimensions, collecting weapons and mysterious objects and tackling weird and wonderful foes. The amazing landscape generator creates a completely new adventure every time you play, providing a whole new dimension in RPG gaming."


Or at least that's what it says on the back of the box! Yes folks, Virtual Hydlide is the newest addition to Father Krishna's ever growing Saturn collection. Another bargain from the hallowed Gamestation, this little baby came free with a purchase of arcade style shooter Charge 'n' Blast, for Dreamcast.



Even though the attached review says it can be completed in a few hours, its unlikely that I'll play it for a while, so rather than just let it pass, I thought I'd attach a few screenshots and a very comprehensive review.





Virtual Hydlide

On the plus side it's got a nice musical score and a random "landscape generator". On the downside it's got an attrocious camera perspective and is apparently a bit repetetive.
Still it's free and the box hasn't fallen apart. I might give it a whirl this evening, but then again I might just stick to playing the frankly awesome Crisis Evil (Homebrew Resident Evil/Streets Of Rage hybrid for Dreamcast.)


Crisi Evil!

I'm off to the Light House this weekend with all of my new homebrew goodies to give them a good old road test, which I will flag up on the Dreamcast Junkyard some time in the future!

Aurevoir mes enfants! ;)

4 comments:

Random J said...

That Virtual hydlide game looks terrible. Those graphics are very nasty. VERY nasty indeed. Even by Saturn standards that's bad.

gnome said...

Meh, I want to play at the Lighthouse tooooo....

fatherkrishna said...

Gnome, I've already made up your bed in the Light house...

J you're sleeping in the treehouse for being mean to the Saturn...

gnome said...

Great, thanks. Just know I do tend to snore when overfed...