Thursday 30 September 2010

Game (Not) Over Yeah!



Hi folks, it's your seldom seen correspondent and Saturn Junkyard founder, Father Krishna here! Just popping in to inform all you Saturn Junkies, that there is an exhaustive and authoritative feature in this months Games TM magazine (Issue 101) about every body's, favourite racer... Sega Rally! Now we're not talking Sega Rally 2, Sega Rally GBA, Sega Rally Revo, or the Japanese only PS2 rehash... we're talking the Saturn version.

It was the game that came bundled with my Saturn and the main reason I was unwilling to convert to the PS1. From the initial sound of an ignition key being turned, to the iconic "Game over yeah!", Sega Rally kept it simple and kept it sweet. In short, it's the best driving game I've ever played (to this day) and over-taking an opponent whilst drifting round a tight bend still gets me slightly aroused!

The article itself is six full pages of glossy A4, packed with lovely images, interesting facts about the development, and even a news of a secret feature hidden within the game that has never been revealed before!

I'd re-write it but there is too much to feasibly reproduce. I will try and get some scans of it and get it up here. If you're stuck trying to find it on the high-street you should be able to pick up a copy here.

4 comments:

Animated AF said...

I still love this game to iddie biddle pieces, even though I'm pretty terrible at it still, was always better at Daytona. The time limits are harsh! :P

elend said...

Oh wow, that sounds interesting.

fatherkrishna said...

Same here Gagaman(n) it's perhaps the premiere Saturn game that has stood the test of time (for me anyway) I much prefer it to it's later reincarnations, even the Dreamcast version, (in complete contrast to the video review!)

I've recently re-hooked up my Saturn, and might have a good old Sega Rally sesh this weekend!

The Plushiest said...

Still love this game as well. Just found a brand new copy of the Netlink edition for $4.00 at the local pawn shop....what a find! I played this game so much back in the day I can still pick it up and remember exactly when to brake, initiate drifts etc.