Tuesday 20 March 2012

Recent acquisitions and ramblings

Still alive, guys! Still alive! Just really, really busy... Still, that didn't prevent me from acquiring a little something for my Saturn Collection. Lo and behold, my very own Saturn light gun!


God knows how long I've been after one of these bad boys, but the prices over here kept me from just jumping in. At last I saw one that was affordable enough for my dwindling wallet. Unfortunately it suffered quite a rough journey, even though I specifically asked the seller to sent it via registered mail, which he did, those monkeys at the post office must have played football with it or something, because they managed to break that part where the hammer would be on a real gun. Shit...

Still, it works like a charm, and that's what really matters in the end, since I bought it to play, not collect. and play I have! I immediately grabbed myself a copy of House of the Dead, and been having a blast, blasting (excuse the redundancy) zombies away. What a gory little game. BTW, do you guys have any suggestions as to what games to play next? I've already played Virtua Cop 1 and 2 to death on the rather great PS2 collection, so I'm looking for something else.

Oh, and I noticed the header up there was out, for some reason the server where the image was hosted deleted it or something. I couldn't find the original file anywhere, but I think it looked like this. Better than just an empty space, I think :)

8 comments:

Barry the Nomad said...

I found two red ones, mint in box, at a local used game shop a few years back. They were just $5 each! The boxes looked so new, it was like they fell through a time portal.

Steve Smith said...

You've basically played all the "good" lightgun games already.

You might want to try "Crypt Killer" or "Area51" just to get some more use out of the gun. Very similar gameplay to the VC series, but very poorly executed by comparison.

"Mighty Hits" is actually a bit of a blast for a while - it's the kind of party game that's become prevelant on the Wii these days, but was good fun back in the good old Saturn era.

ScottyMoFoSho said...

You could try Scud: The Disposable Assassin. There are only small portions of the game that use the stunner, but it is still a good side-scroller shooter otherwise.

Also, where did ya get the sweet Panzer Dragoon bed sheets?

Caleb said...

Crypt Killer is a fun game. Very Cheesy but still pretty fun.

NebachadnezzaR said...

Thanks for the tips, guys, gonna try all of those games when I get the time ;)

@ScottyMoFoSho, Panzer Dragoon sheets? Never thought of them that way, now it's like I'm seeing them for the first time :D

fatherkrishna said...

Wow Nuno! So great to see you here and posting! Congrats on the light gun... I have about five of the little buggers. Oh and cheers for doing the banner, nice job!

Isn't there also a Death Crimson game for the Saturn or am I getting confused in my old age?

RedTail said...

Yeah, I've got copy of it. I'd like to actually play it, but it's sealed. I've seen it referred to as being one of the worst games on the Saturn. I've seen video of it, and if it isn't the worst game, it's certainly the worst on-rails shooter for the system.

Dreamakuma said...

I've got the virtua cop 2 bundle. I love the gun. Great to see FK is still around.