Sunday 14 January 2007

My Saturn Games Collection!


Well I thought for the purposes of the blog and also for myself, that I would check out my Saturn software collection and make an alphabetical list. Anal, I know, but useful as a means of cataloguing my titles, re-discovering a few old gems and allowing me to consider what games I would like to re-play and review...




So here goes, games and publishers. The titles are not categorised by genre, are not rated in terms of quality or have not necessarily even been taken out of their box whilst in my posession! But these are mine, all mine and will be played, rated and reviewed over the next weeks and months, as the life of the Saturn Junkyard goes on through childhood, adolescence, adulthood and old age.


TITLE /PUBLISHER

Alien Trilogy/ Aclaim
All Star Hockey 98/ Sega Sports
Casper/ Interplay
Clockwork Knight/ Sega
Darklight Conflict/ Electronic Arts
Daytona USA/ Sega Sports
Fifa 96/ EA Sports
Fifa 98/ EA Sports
Fighting Vipers/ Sega/AM2
Fighters Megamix/ Sega/AM2
High Octane/ Bullfrog
House Of The Dead/ Sega
Loaded/ Gremlin
NBA Live 97/ EA Sports
NBA Action 98/ EA Sports
Nights Into Dreams/ Sega/Sonic Team
Panzer Dragoon/ Sega
Pebble Golf Links/ Sega Sports
PGA Tour 97/ EA Sports
Rayman/ Ubisoft
Revolution X/ Aclaim
Sega Ages/ Sega
Sega Manx Superbike TT/ Sega Sports
Sega Rally/ Sega Sports
Sega Worldwide Soccer 97/ Sega Sports
Sega Worldwide Soccer 98/ Sega Sports
Space Jam/ Aclaim
Street Fighter Alpha 2/ Capcom
Street Fighter Alpha Warriors Dream/ Capcom
The Incredible Hulk/ Eidos
Tomb Raider/ Core/Eidos
Virtua Cop/ Sega/Am2
Virtua Cop 2/ Sega/AM2
Virtua Fighter/ Sega/AM2
Virtua Fighter 2/ Sega/AM2
Virtua Racing/ Time-Warner Interactive
Wipeout/ Psygnosis
World Cup Golf/ Arc Developments
World Series Baseball/ Sega Sports

Japanese Import

Dead Or Alive/ Tecmo
Nights Into Dreams/ Sega/Sonic Team
Virtua Fighter Kids/ Sega/AM2




So there you have it... 42 titles of pure Saturn loveliness! All there waiting to be played and assessed. ranging in price from 20p (Sega Worldwide Soccer 97) to £25 (House Of The Dead) based on current Gamestation prices. For reviews of a lot of these titles look at the excellent Retro Gaming With Racketboy (here...)



I've thrown in a few cover shots to make the post (slightly) less boring but for a comprehensive games list with cover shots look here









19 comments:

Unknown said...

I like lists, especially discerning aesthetic lists like this one..... nice collection....

fatherkrishna said...

Ta very much! It was quite a cathartic exercise...

gnome said...

Catharsis? Weird, especially considering you got yourself over 40 games... Impressive collection, brilliant post... Oh, and do get Nights ;)

fatherkrishna said...

How carefully did you read this post Mr. Gnome? I've got NiGHTS as a PAL game and a Japanese Import... It's full title is Nights Into Dreams... :)

Tom Charnock said...

Jesus - howd you get all that gaming treasure in your house?!?!

gnome said...

Oh my! I've slept in the basement, hope that was punishment enough oh wise FK...

Tomleece, always great to se you around mate :)

fatherkrishna said...

Gnome nothing you ever do would warrant punishment such as that... Simply slip on the hair shirt I mailed you, wear it until St. Swithen's day and we're even...

fatherkrishna said...

Tom my wife levels that question to me on a daily basis, only she calls it "shite" not "treasure"...

Animated AF said...

Revolution X! HAHAHAHA WALK THIS WAYYY!

Sorry.

fatherkrishna said...

Indeed! Teaming up with Run DMC was an inspired move on Aerosmith's management's part...

Teaming up with the Sega Saturn was not... having said that, I played it and to an extent enjoyed it!

Animated AF said...

In other news: I want Dead or Alive and House of the Dead. Gimmie!

fatherkrishna said...

HOTD has been gathering dust in Bangor Gamestation for months at the costly price of £25... DOA was under a tenner off Ebay I think...

Tom Charnock said...

does anyone remember 'virtual hydlide' or something? I remember getting it and playing it constantly but in hindsight it was a bit shit. Just a thought...!

gnome said...

Who's St. Swithen? What's a virtual hydlide?

(gnome sits and wonders...)

Unknown said...

(taps gnome on the shoulder.....)

excuse me but i beleive your sitting on my bourbon creams.....

gnome said...

Oh. Sorry.

heh

Caleb said...

Like most people one of the games I have always lusted after is Shining force for Sega Saturn...

Last time I checked in the American Store it was like $100 American...

Does anyone know if it was remade on another system or if there is a later gen Shining Force that is similar?

..oh And I just got a tiny Genesis 3 for $3! I gotta post on my site soon.

fatherkrishna said...

Never heard of Shining Force will check it out!

n8n8baby said...

Not to be a bragger or anything, but check mine out ;)

http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&owner=n8n8baby&grp1=20111&objt=1