Sunday 7 January 2007

Sega Saturn Megamix!

Yes I know I've gone crazy on the video posting at the moment, and don't worry I'm going to stop after this one and get back to posting some reviews, mod and emulation news, images and screenshots etc. But this little montage is a great way to check out the visual feast that the Saturn provided for it's sega faithful back in the mid-nineties...

Some of the games featured are amongst my favourites... Particularly, the Virtua Fighter footage is something I love to see flagged up on the Interweb...

I'm finding myself drawn away from this post by the drama unfolding on Celebrity Big Brother (LOL!!)... and as usual, I've neglected to play the 'new' games I have recently purchased because I find it very difficult to tear mysef away from the computer, constantly hopping from each of the sites on my link section, trawling Youtube and eBay and checking to see whether any commentors have joined the tumbleweed blowing through my sites...

A particular site that has been grabbing my attention is Racketboys as it is the most comprehensive resource for Saturn information that I have yet discovered... As well as the Saturn, there is loads of stuff about the Dreamcast and other consoles.

You can even purchase accessories from this most helpful of blogs.

Now, as I spend so much time checking out the sites I respect, it really thrills me when the authors of said blogs turn up on the Saturn Junkyard. My family were laughing at me when they saw how chuffed I was when Racketboy took the time to drop in and offer a few words of praise and encouragement!

And talking of those who have supported and encouraged, heads up particularly to The Elderly and and also to J.

Not forgetting the lovely Gnome who is celebrating the one year anniversary of his excellent 'Random Lair' and Ross who is celebrating his one year anniversary on Progamer!

Can you feel the love? :)

8 comments:

Junlee said...

Gone loco with the video's ehh?

lol, jk!

gnome said...

Lovely videos if I may add. The Saturn was quite a piece of hardware it seems...

Anyway. Let's just feel the love...

Unknown said...

stands wide eyed....open mouthed

what your family are looking....?

gulp!

(waves hi!, dressed in t-shirt and boxer shorts, the elderly walks backwards out of blog, waving and grinning stupidly....)

...Great video post Father Krisna........

fatherkrishna said...

Sorry Elderly, I should have warned you... Still don't be shy they're a fairly open minded bunch and there aint much they haven't seen before...

And yes Gnome, I concur, even with the ravages of time they still look pretty good to me...

Unknown said...

(comes back into the blog fully dressed......)

I meant to say on my last visit here(blushs), just exactly what you have just said, amazing graphics considering the age of the games.......... well now im here i might as well make myself at home...

....wheres the kitchen, i'll put on the kettle.......

gnome said...

Just remember... no space-tea today dear...

fatherkrishna said...

the kettles in the corner by the tea and coffee, the biscuits are in the tin and the psychedelic mushrooms are in this little brown paper bag....

Pull up a cloud the four of you...

gnome said...

You got mushrooms? In little brown bags? Ah, that's just lovely dear Father... Why are you pink then?