Tuesday 11 March 2008

Another Saturn Car!

(click piccy for biggy)

Thanks to the creative folks in the Forza 2 Motorsport scene, there's another Sega Saturn car! Now this car is kinda special, though, because this time it's a real Saturn car. On top of that you'll find lovely nights and Virtua Fighter artworks on the sides and a great excerpt of the white 3D pad on the back. What I love the most, is the bonnet / front lit / hood. Call it what you like. I am now actually convinced that a car design like that would also work in real life. I can't wait to try something like that out on my very own car... which I still have to buy... and make a driver's license for... Oh well.

7 comments:

NebachadnezzaR said...

Amazing! I wonder how they do this kind of things? I mean, I know the theory, but to actually be able to build these cars...

Someday I'll do that to my real car... :P

fatherkrishna said...

Beautiful, truly beautiful... *FK wipes away a tear* You see elend, even though you bid us farewell, you're back here already!

Come on nebacha! Me and you have got some catching up to do! New posts on the way!

Nights said...

Oh my god, I want one xD

NebachadnezzaR said...

Well, what can I say? There hasn't been much Saturn action in my place. In fact I can't even remember the last time I turned on the console!

So shameful, I know...

At least I've played some Dreamcast today, so that kind of makes up for my sins...

I got to grab some new games, do you have something to recommend? I'm in a "no patience/need for action" kind of mood lately, so don't choose anything boring.

NebachadnezzaR said...

By the way, I've been thinking of this lately. Did you notice that, despite the Dreamcast being more recent and having a larger/more active community, this place has been much more active than the DJY lately?

We have elend, 'nuff said! xD

elend said...

Hehe. Well, to be honest I must say, that the Dreamcast scene is much more active. Many people still play with their Dreamcast, the homebrewn scene is still throwing out a release or two and there are even new games coming out.

For the Saturn... well... there is hardly anyone still playing (except Shmups fans, but they focus on shoot'em ups then) and there's virtually no homebrew scene. :( I think it's a tad sad, but I hope I can change that a little bit with posting on the Saturn Junkyard.

When is the next Sega Saturn Coding Contest? I want to support it with artworks or maybe even money. We can do that under the Junkyard's name.

Anonymous said...

it's perfect! Probably the only Saturn car worth owning.