Monday 16 February 2009

Waiting

I've got a few new games coming in the next couple of days (hopefully!):

Fighting Vipers: Played quite a bit of FV2 on the DC, and played FV1 in the arcades. Never actually played it on the SS though. My favorite is how you can bitch slap some one so hard their armor falls off. I'm not sure if you can do that in part one...but what ever, I'm psyched non the less. One of Sega's greatest games.

Saturn Bomberman Fight: I've been playing Bomberman Online for the DC, and don't own any Bomberman titles for the SS....I'm very excited to get my hands on this one. The videos I've seen of it on You Tube look really cool.

Manxx TT Superbike: Another great Model 2 racer from Sega. Again, didn't play this one on the SS, but have played it in the arcade quite a bit. Funny enough, my local arcade actually has this game in there right now. Graphics look to be on par with Sega Rally and Daytona

Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei: I used to own the first Panzer Dragoon...a great shooting game. Sadly it was one of the games that got sold with my original Saturn. I've always wanted to play part 2, but never had the chance. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this game.

6 comments:

NebachadnezzaR said...

I have the last two. Manx is...ok... I never really got the hang of the gameplay. If you press just a little on the d-pad the bike barely turns, but if you press it harder it turns so hard you'll crash into the railings.

I'm playing Panzer Dragoon 2 right now, actually, (after finishing Orta on the xbox) and what can I say? Truly a masterpiece, a work of art, a surreal game like no other. Too bad it's so hard...

The Plushiest said...

Yeah, the weight physics on the motor bike probably doesn't lend itself to the digital control very well. I always liked the full size arcade cabinet with the actual bike you can sit on....super hang on style. Does the 3D pad work with the game?

fatherkrishna said...

I love Manx TT and have no problems with the controls of the regular MKII Saturn pad. (I always use the D-Pad on driving games, even when analogue is available) You're spot on to compare it to sega Rally - it's the bike equivalent!

Fighting Vipers is excellent, IMHO actually better than it's Dreamcast successor!

I tried to get Bomberman this weekend but was outbid... :(

I'm trying Panzer Dragoon Orta myself at the moment, but haven't been able to get past the second stage...

elend said...

I love Manx TT. Incredible and fast graphics and the Saturn and the controls... well you CAN get used to them. Tbe biggest problem of Manx TT was always: ONLY 2 COURSE? WTF! They could have invest at least a couple of hours of more work to get at least 4 or more courses. Damn.

I am still waiting for some totally weird Saturn stuff arriving, as well. The only problem is, that the german postal service always seems to try to deliver it, when I am 5 minutes too late at work. >:O What a crap.

NebachadnezzaR said...

Well...I guess I should give Manx a chance then...

Father, I was actually surprised by the difficulty of Orta. Everyone kept saying "OMG it's fucking hard!!! Specially in the later stages!" but in the end I didn't have that much of a hard time beating it. The last boss only took 2 tries, I think.

You just have to get the hang of the gameplay, I guess. Choosing the right dragn type at any given moment can help a lot, and so does memorizing the stages and boss patterns. Oh, and of course, the berserk power can be a life saver if used at the right time.

What I mean is, please do try to beat it, because it's an experience like no other, and oh so SEGA...

And I'm sort of ashamed to say this, but I haven't played on my Saturn lately... :( Not only my PS2 came back to life, which gave me a rush to play some delayed games, but it also shares the tv connection with the Saturn, so I can't have both hooked up at the same time. Still, I'm playing Dodonpachi daioujou, so that kind of makes up for it :)

Anonymous said...

*Waiting anxiously for Layer Section II...i just picked up Fighters Megamix import. Does anyone know how to save progress (Unlocked characters) using the memory card?