Monday 12 May 2008

The Clash Of The Titans...



Well, it had to happen sooner or later! At last, me and Nebacha have finally met on Xbox Live to battle it out in Virtua Fighter 5. Ladies and gentlemen... In the Blue corner, representing the nation of Portugal and fighting as Akira we have the mighty Nebachadnezzar! In the Red corner, representing the United Kingdom and fighting as Kage we have the old and slightly knackered Father Krishna!

After five fights (each bout the best of three) the results were... Father 4 - Nebacha 1! It was a great laugh, and the best part was getting to talk to my good friend Nebacha at last. The only snag for both of us was a horrible lag on the game, making the fighters movements incredibly jerky and also making conversation difficult. Still we had our first online exchange and I hope there will be many more.

It was a total novelty for me to win, as I usually get my ass kicked in online battles with VF5 experts and I enjoyed the feeling of victory...

In the end I had to call a halt to the battle, as Mrs. K had got my dinner ready. Not very Ninja-like I know, but hey! You don't cross Mrs. K when she's been slaving over a hot stove all evening! LOL!

The fights went pretty much like the one above, just without the fancy costumes or fancy moves. Maybe one day we'll have the technology to film one of our battles and get it up on the SJY... We could even have a weekly league!

6 comments:

elend said...

Hehe nice. Congratulations on your winning match, Father K. But we all know, that everyone who's in love with the Saturn is already a winner.

NebachadnezzaR said...

Yesterday's battle was EPIC! Not in the way of fancy moves, or unexpected results (although I lost more than I had predicted), but because I finally played with Father K!

Really, as good as it is to be here and communicate through written messages, there's nothing like actually playing, and talking with the other person, specially when we're separated by decent amounts of land and ocean.

Too bad it was lagging like hell, we couldn't play or speak properly. In fact I wonder how Father was able to understand me! Anyway, I don't know what the problem was, I've been playing CoD4 with people from all around the world and there's never any lag, so it's either the game's problem or our connection's. I just hope the next time we play it'll be more stable (I'm going to investigate in the meantime, maybe I'll find the problem and it's solution).

BTW, this is not to excuse myself, but that was only the 2nd time I've played the game (the first one being when I got it), so that may explain why my winning round was the last one, when I finally got the hand of it (and got somewhat accustomed to the lag). But hey, now I have a real reason to train hard, and that's to beat Father K! :D

Oh, and there's an option to save the replays of the battles! That doesn't solve the fact that we'll have to film it directly from the tv (resulting in poor quality), but at least we can capture footage after we're done fighting :)

Once again, it was great to play with you (actually, the first time I enjoyed a game I've lost xD), and we definitely have to play again soon :)

Caleb said...

Wow. That's pretty cool!

It's too bad about the lag though.

You could save a replay of the fight then send it through a video capture device if you know anyone who has one.

gnome said...

Impressive stuff! BTW, are there any online/LAN options for any of the VF on Saturn?

fatherkrishna said...

@ elend... Many thanks! And wise words about Saturn lovers... We are all winners!

@ Nebacha. When's the next match then dear friend?

@Caleb... Come on Caleb! Treat yourself to a 360, then we can all battle!

@Gnome... not sure dear heart! Have you got a Saturn yet? Treat yourself to one!

NebachadnezzaR said...

Whenever you can :)

We should try playing earlier in the afternoon, though. Been experimenting the other day and at around 16:00 (Portugal time) all was fine, but after 18:00 it started to increasingly lag, until it was as slow as the other day.