Thursday 11 September 2008

SKU You, Pal!

http://bestsku.com/platform.asp?catid=Sega%20Saturn

I'm referring, of course, to Best SKU, which currently has a sale on Sega Saturn accessories. These include an RF adapter, the Virtua Stick, and Sega's sublime Saturn Control Pad, all for low-to-the-floor prices. One oddity is an Australian version of the Control Pad with the D-pad and buttons recessed inside large oval windows. It's like the alien cousin of the standard Saturn controller!

Annnnyway, most of the items on the site are just $4.99, with the Virtua Stick priced at a slightly higher $9.99. I've got no clue how much shipping costs or if these guys are even trustworthy, but if you need more Saturn controllers (and really, what Saturn fan couldn't use more of them?) and are willing to take a chance on an unknown mail order company, this is a golden opportunity for you.

One final note... at long last, I've got a computer that can handle Saturn emulation at a reasonable speed. You folks have any recommendations as to what emulator I should be using, and what games I can play with it?

5 comments:

elend said...

Oh wtf? New Sega Saturn accessoires? I want! I'll quickly ask them if they'll ship overseas and what the shipping costs for 10 controllers would be. Heh.

About that emulator stuff: I used SSF to make screenshots of Psychic Assassin Taromaru, which worked great. SSF is in general a very sturdy emulator and the best, imho.

Anonymous said...

I use SSF, best I've found. As for BestSKU I've ordered several times from them, great service! Been planning on picking up some saturn controllers eventually from them.

elend said...

Damn, those weird guys from best SKU didn't reply yet. :( I don't think they want to ship to germany.

Anonymous said...

thats weird... I just asked a question and got an immediate reply.

Bret said...

they dont ship to hawaii. or alaska. so sad :[!!