Sunday 27 January 2008

Virtua Mario (Saturn Homebrew)



'Virtua Mario', accurately described by Arugulaz as looking like Mario stepped into the Money for Nothin' video in the excellent post below. We've seen this guy before in one of the very few posts about Saturn Homebrew that we've had on the SJY. A long while ago I posted some screen shots of said game, but admitted that then (as now) I knew nothing about the scene...

So it was great to have such a definitive and clear post on the 'Yard... I still feel like I need to learn a grat deal more, but for now I'm just gonna sit back and watch the lovely video above!

3 comments:

Random J said...

That homebrew was as close to a solid platformer as the Saturn was gonna get. Because Sonic sure as hell didn't bring anything to the table.

*runs away*

ArugulaZ said...

You can blame Yuji Naka for that one. All the Saturn's other ills can be blamed on Bernie Stolar.

elend said...

I like that Mario homebrew thing. It's one of the better basic programs / homebrew available for the Saturn. I especially like the "duck" animation, when he changed to big mario and has to go underneath blocks. :D